Although countless individuals have contributed to Mindrolling's rich legacy, the lineage has passed down through two main branches: the Trichen lineage known as Tri Rab, or throne holder, and the Khen Rab, or vinaya holder. The eldest son assumes the title of Trichen (throne holder) and a younger brother becomes the Khenchen and holds the vinaya line.
- Tri Chögyal Terdag Lingpa (or Rigzin Jurme Dorje)
- Tri Pema Jurme Gyatso
- Tri Gyalsay Rinchen Namgyal
- Tri Jurme Pema Tenzin
- Tri Jurme Thrinley Namgyal
- Tri Jurme Pema Wangyal
- Tri Jurme Sange Kunga
- Tri JurmeYidzhin Wangyal
- Tri Jurme Dechen Chogdrub
(Since there were no sons, the daughter Jetsun Chimed Deden Drolma
married the great master Tristsab Pema Wangchen who became the Regent)
- Tri Jurme Dondrub Wangyal
- Tri Jurme Kunzang Wangyal, the present throne holder of Mindrolling.